Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Brett Favre

This story is getting more interesting as it appears the Packers are shopping trade options. I think about 10 teams are in the mix maybe more but I would imagine Favre will only go to a team that has a playoff caliber team already in place. Where do you think he will go? I personally know from my contacts that the Washington Redskins are very interested in him. If he goes to an NFC team I think it could very well be to the Redskins. They are a playoff team that could use a Pro-Bowl Quarterback like him to lead their offense. I would be shocked if they let a team like the Vikings get him that would not be smart at all. Another possibilty is the New York Jets they could sure use him but are they ready to make a Super Bowl run? I doubt it. Maybe Baltimore could use him? I think they could and would love to have him plus he could teach that Flacco kid too a double bonus. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next week or two. I can't wait for the season to start!

1 comment:

Jim Ludes said...

Don- I like your thoughts on FaVRe (had to do it, sorry). I hadn't really considered the 'skins as a viable option but it makes enough sense. Their trade for Jason Taylor and history under Snyder show that they're not afraid to go after older players...unfortunately it's usually has-beens. that's a tough division... My bro's a die-hard Ravens fan- so I'm hoping he ends up there.